AICPA Peer Review Must-Select Industry Update: Employee Benefit Plans
Leveraged from the 2022 Peer Review Conference session on Employee Benefit Plans, we will provide updates related to these Plans that will benefit peer reviewers.
NASBA Field of Study
AICPA Peer Review Program Staff
Gain an understanding of the latest developments for employee benefit plan engagements that may need special attention in a peer review and learn what you can do to help ensure these engagements meet applicable standards.
Understand how to identify quality problems through review of employee benefit plan engagements and gain techniques to use in your own peer reviews.
Learn about recent changes in the public interest and the impact they have on peer review. Also, find out about the most common areas of noncompliance with professional standards uncovered by peer reviewers.
Peer Review Education Requirements
- This course satisfies a training requirement for reviewers of employee benefit plan engagements.
Note: Certain practice aids or other materials referenced in this course are part of the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center (EBPAQC). These materials are accessible only if your firm is a quality center member. Also, peer reviewers of employee benefit plan audit engagements must be associated with EBPAQC firm members.
- Qualified peer reviewers who perform peer reviews of employee benefit plans.
- Considerations of auditing and reporting under the new EBP standard
- General peer review and regulatory considerations
- Using the EBP audit engagement checklist and upcoming changes
- Other audit procedures and risks in multiemployer and other specialized plans
- DOL & cybersecurity update
- Information to discuss with clients and other resources
- Differentiate new auditing and reporting requirements for audits of employee benefit plans.
- Identify upcoming changes to the peer review checklist for employee benefit plan audit engagements.
- Use bolded questions in the EBP checklist to conclude whether an engagement is nonconforming.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.