AICPA Introductory Technical Reviewer Training Course
Presented by the AICPA Peer Review Program Staff, this CPE self-study course covers the responsibilities of technical reviewers and addresses frequently asked questions and issues encountered by technical reviewers. This course also addresses how recent changes in peer review guidance impact the technical review process.
NASBA Field of Study
AICPA Peer Review Program Staff
This course will enable you to develop an understanding of the responsibilities of a technical reviewer when preparing a review for Report Acceptance Body (RAB) presentation. We will compare the technical review process of a System Review with that of an Engagement Review, and highlight the best practices associated with both. We will review the ongoing qualification of a technical reviewer. Additionally, we will identify and discuss the most common findings from RAB observations and the ways in which technical reviewers can avoid such findings.
Who Will Benefit
Peer review technical reviewers
- Peer Review Basics and Technical Reviewer Responsibilities
- Technical Review of Engagement and System Reviews
- Quality Control Focus
- Best Practices in Technical Reviews
- Educational Framework and Reviewer Performance Guidance
- Report Acceptance Bodies
- Distinguish responsibilities of technical reviewers
- Compare the technical review processes for System Reviews and Engagement Reviews
- Identify best practices when performing technical reviews
- Identify qualification requirements of technical reviewers
- Identify common findings from RAB observations
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.