Advanced Controller and CFO Skills
Gain skills to develop a strategic plan for your organization and apply the balanced scorecard to manage the performance of the organization. Identify how to be a leader and to develop high-performing employees. Recognize how to manage change.
NASBA Field of Study
Business Management and Organization
Manage for success
Transform yourself into a value-added partner in your organization by focusing on the future and helping to develop strategic plans using the balanced scorecard to track progress and achieve success faster.
- Learn how to create a risk assessment plan to protect your organization’s success and minimize the chances of failure.
- Learn how to use an insightful financial analysis to maintain what is working and make organizational improvements.
Lead your organization
Identify your leadership style and understand that your organization must adapt to changing conditions. Understand how to plan for and implement change in a measured process.
Understand commonalities and variances of social styles so that you can better interact with and motivate employees — who are your organization’s valuable frontline connection to your customers.
Understand how to cultivate a significant competitive advantage by developing high-potential employees and retaining high-performing employees.
This course provides 12 hours of CPE credit in the Business Management & Organization field of study.
Who Will Benefit
Controllers and CFOs
- Strategic planning
- Balanced scorecard
- Risk management
- Insightful financial analysis
- Leadership styles
- Change management
- Understanding social styles
- Developing high-performance employees
- Recognize the elements of a successful strategic planning process.
- Determine how to apply the balanced scorecard to your organization’s strategy to track progress and achieve success faster.
- Formulate a risk assessment plan to protect your organization’s success and minimize the chances of failure.
- Use an insightful financial analysis to maintain what is working and make organizational improvements.
- Recognize the primary leadership styles.
- Differentiate among the four primary social styles.
- Contrast the characteristics and benefits of coaching versus mentoring.
- Recognize the elements of a successful retention process.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.