AICPA & CIMA SOC for Service Organizations School
A deep dive into key aspects of planning, executing and reporting on SOC for service organizations.
May 22 - May 23, 2023
Durham, North Carolina, Live Online
NASBA Field of Study
Register early and save $100! Ealy bird pricing expires April 7. Early bird savings will appear in your shopping cart.
Outsourcing has become a trend along with expanded use of technology driving the need for reporting on system and organization controls (SOC). User entities are looking to service organizations to provide reliable reports on their systems of internal control. Join us for our SOC for Service Organizations Virtual School. This must-attend event features instructor guided group discussions and application exercises covering complex SOC for Service Organizations-related topics to prepare service auditors for their next engagement.
Dive into key aspects of attestation standards and guidance, planning, executing and reporting on SOC for service organizations, hear challenges and best practices from class participants, and interact with instructors with significant SOC reporting experience as they share their knowledge to support you in performing your SOC examinations.
- Overview of SOC services, attestation standards and guidance
- Types of SOC for service organizations engagements
- Sections of the report, including the service auditor’s opinion and testing, and management’s description and assertion.
- Consideration of subservice organizations, complementary user entity controls, and use of internal audit and specialists
- Planning considerations related to engagement acceptance and continuance, scoping, risk assessment, and materiality
- Assessment and documentation of design and operating effectiveness of controls
- Types of opinions and concluding activities
- Other topics of interest, such as SOC 2+ reports, SOC 3 reports, and blockchain implications.
- Advanced SOC for Service Organizations Certificate Examination overview
- Identify extant and pending guidance that affects system and organization controls (SOC) for service organizations engagements.
- Determine how to avoid common SOC for service organizations pitfalls based on peer review findings.
- Assess the needs of a service organization to determine the appropriate SOC for service organizations engagement and suitability of criteria.
- Apply your knowledge and skills in planning, executing, and reporting on a SOC for service organizations examination.
This school is developed for:
- Managers, senior managers, and partners responsible for performing and managing their firms’ SOC for Service Organizations engagements
- Senior staff of firms specializing in SOC for Service Organizations engagements
Included with your registration:
Access to both SOC 1® and SOC 2® e-book guides. Note that these two e-books will be automatically added to your cart.
- Reporting on an Examination of Controls at a Service Organization Relevant to User Entities' Internal Control Over Financial Reporting (SOC 1®) - Guide
- SOC 2® Reporting on an Examination of Controls at a Service Organization Relevant to Security, Availability, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, or Privacy
Complete Your SOC Learning with a Certificate
Register for the SOC School + Certificate Exam.
Developed by leading subject matter experts, this Certificate Exam tests your knowledge and skills related to conducting both SOC 1® and SOC 2® engagements. You’ll prove your ability to plan, perform and report on the engagements through this timed online exam that consists of 75 multiple-choice questions.
To pass the exam, you must be able to evaluate and analyze the core concepts related to SOC for Service Organizations engagements. Then you’ll be awarded with a certificate in the form of a digital badge that you can display anywhere online.
PCPS members save an additional $100:
AICPA & CIMA
220 Leigh Farm Rd
Durham, NC 27707
Room: To Come
Looking for group pricing?Contact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.