AICPA & CIMA Expert Witness Skills Workshop
Learn how to combine confidence, credibility, and authority with a command of the courtroom. This highly interactive workshop focuses on practical skills necessary to credibly communicate a professional opinion to a trier of fact.
Nov 14 - Nov 16, 2022
Wynn, Las Vegas, NV
NASBA Field of Study
Early Bird Savings
Register early and save $100! Early bird pricing expires Aug 30, 2022. Early bird savings will be shown in your shopping cart.
Beyond technical or financial knowledge, serving as an effective expert witness requires specific skills that convey confidence, credibility and authority. Learn how to combine these aspects, with a command of the courtroom, during the Expert Witness Skills Workshop.
This interactive workshop goes beyond the typical classroom lecture, allowing you to participate in interactive sessions, observe faculty demonstrations and practice your skills in a real-life courtroom atmosphere. With limited seating, participants can expect close to a 1:1 student-to faculty ratio. It’s the ideal environment to practice your presentation and communication skills with seasoned practitioners, who serve as expert witnesses, lawyers and judges.
- Request to participate in either the Economic Damages or Business Valuation Workgroup
- Prepare with a newly customized case study, including supporting fact patterns and reports
- Participate in hands-on and interactive exercises and observe faculty demonstrations to help prepare for mock-trials
- Practice skills and apply techniques in a comfortable and supportive environment
- Receive real-time guidance and personalized feedback from lawyers, judges and financial experts
- Collaborate and network with other students and share real-time observations and feedback
- Continue your learning, at home, with video-recordings of your personal interactive exercises
- New features!
- Attend the online pre-workshop webcast EXP101. Overview of Expert Reports, Deposition and Trial (Oct 26, Required for all students)
- Participate in assigned online pre-workshop Case Study Workgroup and Meet & Greet (Nov 1 or 2, Required for all students)
PLEASE NOTE: The focus of the workshop is on the practical skills necessary to credibly communicate a professional opinion to a trier of fact. It does not cover the technical aspects of developing a business valuation or an economic damages analysis. Requests for a particular workgroup will be considered but are not guaranteed.
Milestones to help you make the most of your experience:
|September 13||Limited to 19 seats! Suggested registration date to pace your pre-workshop preparation|
|October 11*||Begin to review case study and fact patterns for this workshop. Materials will be sent in advance.||N/A|
|October 26*||Pre-Workshop Webcast: Overview of Expert Reports, Deposition and Trial (required)||3|
|November 1*||Economic Damages Case Study Workgroup and Meet & Greet (required for those assigned to Economic Damages)||2|
|November 2*||Business Valuation Case Study Workgroup and Meet & Greet (required for those assigned to Business Valuation)||2|
|Timing optional||Bonus on-demand Rules, Reports, Testimony and Trials in Canada (optional)||N/A|
|November 14 - 16||Join us in Las Vegas, NV (required)||26|
*Instructions to access materials and online pre-workshop sessions will be sent to email address used to register for the Expert Witness Workshop
Who Should Attend:
- Experienced expert witnesses: Refine and improve your skills
- First-time testifiers: Acquire essential skills and build your confidence in a protected environment
- ABV® and CFF® exams candidates: Develop your understanding of the litigation process
- General practitioners: Advance your skills beyond the technical aspects of preparing a damages or valuation report
Looking for group pricing?Contact us
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.