- Analyze important entity considerations based on the stage in the business cycle.
- Identify tax planning opportunities based on the selected entity.
- Analyze reasonable compensation rules for C corporations and S corporations.
- Apply succession planning techniques.
- Identify certain tax provisions that may be used to generate cash.
- Discuss the importance of banking relationships and entity insurance needs.
- Calculate the benefit a client could expect to receive from applying R&D credit provisions.
- Review recent developments related to repayment of PPP loans and payroll deferral.
- Identify challenges and implications of the evolving workplace.
- Evaluate the tax impact of losses and qualified improvement property on small businesses in the current environment.
- Repayment of Paycheck Protection Program Loans
- R&D Credits
- Evolving workplace during COVID
- State and local considerations of remote working
Be the expert that small businesses need
Earn a badge when you complete both parts of this program.
Learn about topics relevant in the current environment, including entity and business owner planning considerations, cash flow planning, and recent tax provisions most beneficial in the current environment.
Understand applicable legislation, government programs, and IRS guidance, including credits, deductions, and limitations to support small business clients.
Gain deep knowledge of current relevant issues, including repayment of Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans and payroll deferral, business losses, qualified improvement property, the evolving workplace, and state tax considerations of remote working.
Beyond tax matters
Gain invaluable knowledge to propel you toward becoming an overall business adviser for your small- to mid-tier business clients, as you learn to provide assistance to them beyond tax and accounting related matters — a skill particularly helpful in these unprecedented times.
Gather tips for further research to enhance your value to both new and existing clients.