- Analyse capital investment real options.
- Examine the strengths and weaknesses of the commonly used investment appraisal techniques.
- Apply annuities and perpetuities to calculate the present values of cashflows that occur over long periods.
- Real options
- Investment appraisal techniques
- Annuities and perpetuities
Valuable tools in perpetuity
Gain the skills used by the finance function for project appraisal, investments analysis, and capital planning. See use cases on finding the relevant costs and benefits for a potential capital investment project.
Learn new topics to demonstrate proficiency.
- Appraisal techniques
- Cash flows
Put theory into practice.
Real-world exercises will give you the confidence in applying investment decisions while considering all company objectives. Some capital investment projects continue over a significant number of years or may even have cash flows that occur indefinitely. This course will provide you with the tools to evaluate all options for continued growth and success.
This is a standalone course but if you’re interested in more of this type of learning while earning a designation, explore the CGMA® Finance Leadership Program.