- Recognize the audit's purpose, phases, and procedures performed during each phase of an audit.
- Distinguish among the performance requirements of preparation, compilation, and review engagements.
- Identify key concepts and techniques of interpersonal behavior and communication.
- Recall the importance of professional skepticism and identify when and how to use professional judgment and skepticism in the audit.
- Recall the basics of the audit risk model, including assertions.
- Recognize the different qualities of audit evidence and the techniques used to obtain evidence in order to form an opinion on the financial statements and related disclosures.
- Identify the purpose and importance of audit documentation and the fundamental principles and their application.
- Audit basics
- New auditor's role in an engagement
- Key communication skills
- Working papers and documentation
- Audit risk model
- Professional skepticism
Audit concepts and techniques you can use throughout your career
As you take on new audit roles and responsibilities, you'll want to have in place a strong conceptual groundwork for all future audit learning.
This course focuses on the skills and knowledge needed to perform duties commonly assigned to first-year audit staff.
Level 1 covers the audit from the firm's perspective. On this level, you'll learn about the core concepts and the dynamics of in-firm and client relationships. Level 1's courses include:
- What Is an Audit?
- Nuts and Bolts: Preparation, Compilation, and Review Engagements
- Introduction to Professional Skepticism
- Deepen Your Professional Skepticism
- Understanding the Audit Process
- Audit Evidence
- New Auditor's Role on the Engagement Team
- Key Character Traits and Interpersonal Skills for Auditors
- Working Papers and Working Paper Documentation in a Financial Statement Audit
- Introduction to the Audit Risk Model
When taken together with Level 2 - New Staff: Practical Application, this level will help you become a successful auditor and firm member right from the start!
About Audit Staff Essentials − Taking you on your audit learning journey.
From start to finish, Audit Staff Essentials (ASE) provides the training road map and support you need along your career journey. Designed to help you master your current position and excel in each phase of your career, this self-study series offers four levels that cover hands-on technical skills, conceptual expertise, and soft skill training.
Regularly refreshed, this series is perfect for individual staff members or as a comprehensive group training program for firms. Get ready to position yourself or your staff members to become successful auditors and essential firm members. Levels include: