New York (Nov. 11, 2020) – The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and CPA Practice Advisor today honored 25 leaders in the accounting profession with the 2020 Most Powerful Women in Accounting Award.
The awards, now in their ninth year, were created by CPA Practice Advisor and are administered jointly by the AICPA. The winners were announced during the AICPA’s Women’s Global Leadership Summit, which was held virtually this year.
“This year’s group of winners are an excellent example of the impact that women are making throughout the profession,” said Gail Perry, editor-in-chief, CPA Practice Advisor. “These leaders serve as an inspiration to a generation of women who are starting their career in the profession.”
Nominations for the award are open to the public and saw substantial growth from the previous year. A group of independent judges reviewed the nominations and selected those who best embodied the following characteristics:
- Being a driving force for innovation and excellence
- Demonstrably contributing to the success of their own organization and the accounting profession as a whole
- Providing guidance and leadership to contribute to the growth of the profession
- Effectively representing the accounting profession through civic and community outreach
The award recipients represent a diversity of backgrounds and roles across the profession, including small and large firms, industry, consulting and academia.
The 2020 winners in alphabetic order are:
- Karen Abramson, Chief Executive Officer, Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting
- Lara Abrash, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Tommye Barie, EVP of Leadership Development, Succession Institute, LLC
- Arianna Campbell, Director, Boomer Consulting, Inc.
- Lynne Doughtie, Former Chairman and CEO, KPMG in the U.S.
- Sarah Elliott, Executive Leadership Coach and Co-Founder, Intend2Lead, LLC
- Kimberly Ellison-Taylor, Executive Director – Finance Thought Leadership, Oracle
- Janet Foutty, Executive Chair of the Board, Deloitte US
- Tasha Fox, Controller, The Osage Nation
- Tracey Golden, Former Audit Partner, Deloitte
- Kelly Grier, U.S. Chair and Managing Partner, Americas Managing Partner, EY
- Phyllis Ingram, Partner, Carr, Riggs & Ingram, LLC
- Scharrell Jackson, Principal/Chief Operating Officer, BPM, LLP
- Alexandra Kessler, Partner, Aronson LLC
- Shannon King Nash, Chair, National Society of Black Certified Public Accountants, Inc.
- Tamera Loerzel, Partner, Convergence Coaching
- Carla McCall, Managing Partner, AAFCPAs
- Elizabeth Pittelkow Kittner, Vice President of Finance and Human Resources, International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- Kelly Richmond Pope, Associate Professor of Accounting, DePaul University
- Lindsay Stevenson, CEO/Founder, Origin Evolution
- Amy Vetter, CEO & Founder, The B3 Method Institute
- Tracey Walker, National Sr. Director of Government Affairs, Culture, Diversity & Inclusion, RSM US, LLP
- Tifphani White-King, Principal, National Tax Practice Leader, Mazars USA LLP
- Sandra Wiley, President, Boomer Consulting Inc.
- Jennifer Wilson, Partner and Co-Founder, Convergence Coaching
The AICPA cosponsors the awards to celebrate and support the success of female leaders, part of its broader mission of growing a diverse and inclusive profession. The AICPA’s Women’s Initiatives Executive Committee (WIEC) sponsors research, mentorships, networking opportunities, the Women to Watch awards and oversees the annual AICPA Women’s Global Leadership Summit.
“This year has reminded us of the importance of strong leadership, the need for steady guidance and the willingness to embrace innovation in the face of disruption,” said Jacquelyn H. Tracy, CPA, CGMA, WIEC chair. “These women exemplify these qualities and represent the very best of our profession.”
This year’s winners will be featured in the November edition of CPA Practice Advisor.
About CPA Practice Advisor
CPA Practice Advisor is the voice of accounting technology in the media space. With monthly software reviews, the latest technology updates, and news and tips to enhance the CPA practice, the magazine and its accompanying website keep accounting professionals on the cutting edge of their profession. In addition to the Most Powerful Women in Accounting awards, CPA Practice Advisor names the annual 40 Under 40 in the Accounting Profession award recipients, presents the coveted Software Innovation Awards and Readers’ Choice Awards, and hosts the Thought Leader Symposium, an annual think tank meeting of some of the greatest minds in the accounting profession.