In this episode, Paula McMillan, CPA/PFS. She answers the questions:
- How has the vision of a meaningful retirement and the tools to achieve it evolved over the last several decades?
- What is today’s vision of a meaningful retirement?
- What do your clients fear most about financing retirement?
- How can you guide your clients in designing a retirement that is meaningful to them?
Access the related resources from this podcast:
- Top seven mistakes when claiming Social Security benefits by Paula McMillan (The Tax Adviser)
- The Adviser’s Guide to Retirement and Elder Planning, a multi-part guide series including life transitions.
- Broadridge Advisor includes extensive-content written by CPAs, attorneys and other experts on planning strategies, new relevant laws, etc. that are articulated in client terms.
- Retirement planning certificate, part of the PFP certificate program
Don’t miss the other episodes in this series:
- Will your clients have enough to retire?
- Making conversations count: integrated financial planning (March 15, 2019)
- Lessons from the 9th hole: what current retirees have to say (March 15, 2019)
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice and by the CPA/PFS Credential program which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.