Do you have questions about the ABV or CFF credentials? What’s happening in the profession in your local community? Where can you get started?
ABV and CFF Champions are highly engaged ABV and/or CFF credential holders who understand the benefits of their credential(s) and play a leadership role in advancing the credential(s) and in encouraging a sense of community amongst all credential holders within their state. Champions may be available as guest speakers for university classes, conferences or other events.
Prospective ABV or CFF credential holders are encouraged to contact their local ABV or CFF Champion for information about the benefits of and path to obtaining either credential.
Current Champions (PDF)
Interested in becoming a Champion?
The ABV (Accredited in Business Valuation) and CFF (Certified in Financial Forensics) Champion Programs are an AICPA initiative that offers ABV and CFF credential holders the support, structure, and resources to help promote and expand the awareness of the ABV and CFF credentials.
The purpose of the program is to inform the accounting, finance, and legal communities about the vital role of business valuation and forensic accounting professionals, the knowledge required to become a valuation specialist or forensic accountant and the benefits of the ABV and CFF credentials.
Role of the Champion
- Serve as the local point of contact in your state for current and prospective CPAs, finance, and legal professionals seeking information about the ABV or CFF credential, including benefits of and requirements
- Collaborate with your state’s valuation or forensic accounting community by sharing ideas, evolving needs and resources
- Spread the word of successes from other Champions back to your state’s valuation or forensic accounting community
- Initiate and/or support the rollout of new activities by the ABV or CFF community within your state
- Networking opportunities with local CPAs, ABV and CFF Champion professionals, educators and the legal community
- Include role as Champion on your resume or CV
- Gain visibility as an official Champion on the AICPA’s FVS website
- Recognition by your State Society as the local representative of the ABV or CFF community
- First choice for AICPA ABV or CFF marketing opportunities in your state
- Opportunities to cultivate relationships and mentor professionals, providing support and advocacy
- Hold an active ABV or CFF credential
- Complete the Champion Profile
- Active or desire to be active in local community activities that promote valuation or forensic accounting services (e.g., legal community, academic community, state society, etc.)
- Participate in Champion conference calls
- Communicate with AICPA staff about initiatives held at the local or state society level
- Perform at least 2 activities per year to promote the ABV or CFF credential
Suggested Annual Activities
- Contribute to your state society newsletter or AICPA or legal publication
- Partner with existing business valuation or forensic accounting groups or host a networking event
- Speak at local or state society events and conferences
- Teach business valuation or forensic accounting-related CPE for your state society
- Present at local colleges/universities
- Develop and provide presentations to referral sources (e.g. attorneys, bankers, CPA’s, etc.)