At the core of most online marketing programs is the firm's Web site. Web sites have become commonplace among CPA firms because they offer a variety of unique benefits, which include:
- Enabling potential clients to find the firm and gain a sense of its size and capabilities.
- Providing potential clients with a sense of the firm's approach and its ability to understand and serve clients needs.
- Allowing a firm to showcase itself in a way not possible through print advertising or yellow pages listings.
- Creating a forum for a firm to provide valuable, relevant information and build a reputation of expertise and helpfulness.
- Enabling the collection of information about potential clients by asking site visitors for some basic contact information or to participate in brief online surveys.