The AICPA through its National Commission on Diversity and Inclusion, has developed a comprehensive pipeline enhancement plan intended to increase the number of underrepresented minorities entering the accounting profession. The Pipeline Initiative consists of three strategic goals:
- Increase communication and awareness of accounting as a career option in diverse communities.
- Increase support of school based programs (high school, community college, and four year college) programs for students pursuing accounting.
- Increase the number of minorities who sit and pass the CPA exam.
The goals were developed with the vision of creating a profession-wide and profession supported plan, understanding that one person nor one organization can achieve the needed change to increase the diversity within the accounting pipeline.
As such, we would like to formally thank all of the organizations and volunteers who help support the pipeline of diversity talent into the accounting profession. Without your time and resources none of this would be possible.
For more information on the AICPA's Pipeline Initiative, please contact Florence Holland or Kim Drumgo, or download Initiative materials below.
- Download the AICPA Accounting Education Pipeline Resources guide.
- AICPA Scholarships
Learn about scholarships the AICPA sponsors.
- ThisWayToCPA Scholarship Search
Search for additional scholarship opportunities with
- PCPS George Willie Ethnically Diverse Student Scholarship & Internship
5 firms. 5 students. Up to $100,000 in scholarships for our shared commitment to a diverse and forward-looking profession.
- Accounting Scholars Leadership Workshop -The AICPA Accounting Scholars Leadership Workshop is an annual invitational program for minority accounting students who plan to pursue the CPA designation. This event aims to strengthen students’ professional skills and understanding of the limitless possibilities and benefits of earning the CPA credential.
- AICPA Fellowship for Minority Doctoral Students -The AICPA Fellowship for Minority Doctoral Students ensures that CPAs of diverse backgrounds are visible in college and university classrooms. The program's goal is to increase the number of minority CPAs who serve as role models and mentors to young people in the academic environment.
Student Affiliate Membership and CPA Exam Prep
AICPA Student Affiliate and Candidate Membership
High school and community college students, you can StartHereandGoPlaces!
College students and aspiring CPAs, go ThisWayToCPA today!
On both sites you may register for your free Student Affiliate membership. Or follow this link to learn more about AICPA member benefits.