We hope that your firm will join us in our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion by having your CEO join Barry and 1300+ other leaders in a CEO-driven business pledge to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace. As of October 2020, 59 firms and 16 organizations in the accounting profession have signed the pledge and we are encouraging all accounting firms and organizations to do the same. Through signing the pledge you will get access to free resources to leverage and you’ll get their newsletter with other helpful information. They are even conducting a CHRO/CDO summit in November that looks quite interesting. I know the AICPA will be there!
CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ core commitments:
- Continue to make our workplaces trusting places to have complex, and sometimes difficult, conversations about diversity and inclusion.
- Implement and expand unconscious bias education.
- Share best—and unsuccessful—practices.
- Create and share strategic inclusion and diversity plans with our board of directors.
Email email@example.com to receive a pledge form and get more information about the initiative.
Put the pledge to work in your firm. Once your CEO has signed the pledge, leverage the communications toolkit provided by CEO Action.
Stay engaged! After joining the coalition, CEOs and/or their delegates can stay engaged in the following ways:
- Read the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ Monthly Update Newsletter.*
- Request to join the private CEO Action LinkedIn group, a forum to forge connections, collaborate and share successes. *
*Information provided to pledge signees by CEO Action via email.
“Cultivating a culture that fosters diversity and inclusion is a business imperative all firms and employers need to consider. The Association has been working to increase the accounting profession’s diversity, making sure we capture the best minds and the top skills to meet the future needs of our members and their communities. With the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion pledge, firms and organizations send a strong message to staff, potential employees and the profession as a whole, that they consider diversity and inclusion as critical means for organizational growth and success.”
- Barry C. Melancon, CPA, CGMA
President & CEO, American Institute of CPAs
CEO, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants