CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ is the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace. It was launched in June 2017 by CEO Action, and is led by a steering committee of 10 CEOs from leading companies and business organizations. As a signatory, the Association has aligned the AICPA’s National Commission on Diversity and Inclusion key goals – increasing the importance of diversity and inclusion in the accounting profession – to this pledge.
To meet this goal, we are asking that the top 100 accounting firm CEOs sign the pledge.
CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ core commitments:
- Continue to make our workplaces trusting places to have complex, and sometimes difficult, conversations about diversity and inclusion.
- Implement and expand unconscious bias education.
- Share best—and unsuccessful—practices.
- Create and share strategic inclusion and diversity plans with our board of directors.
Email email@example.com to receive a pledge form and get more information about the initiative.
Put the pledge to work in your firm. Once your CEO has signed the pledge, leverage the communications toolkit provided by CEO Action.
Stay engaged! After joining the coalition, CEOs and/or their delegates can stay engaged in the following ways:
- Read the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ Monthly Update Newsletter.*
- Request to join the private CEO Action LinkedIn group, a forum to forge connections, collaborate and share successes. *
*Information provided to pledge signees by CEO Action via email.
“Cultivating a culture that fosters diversity and inclusion is a business imperative all firms and employers need to consider. The Association has been working to increase the accounting profession’s diversity, making sure we capture the best minds and the top skills to meet the future needs of our members and their communities. With the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion pledge, firms and organizations send a strong message to staff, potential employees and the profession as a whole, that they consider diversity and inclusion as critical means for organizational growth and success.”
- Barry C. Melancon, CPA, CGMA
President & CEO, American Institute of CPAs
CEO, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants