CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ is the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace. It was launched in June 2017 by CEO Action, and is led by a steering committee of 10 CEOs from leading companies and business organizations. As a signatory, the AICPA has aligned one of its National Commission on Diversity and Inclusion’s key goals – increasing the importance of diversity and inclusion across the profession – to this pledge.
To meet this goal, we are asking that the top 100 accounting firm CEOs sign the pledge in 2019.
CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ core commitments:
- Continue to make our workplaces trusting places to have complex, and sometimes difficult, conversations about diversity and inclusion.
- Implement and expand unconscious bias education.
- Share best—and unsuccessful—practices.
- Create and share strategic inclusion and diversity plans with our board of directors.
“Cultivating a culture that fosters diversity and inclusion is a business imperative all firms and employers need to consider. The Association has been working to increase the accounting profession’s diversity, making sure we capture the best minds and the top skills to meet the future needs of our members and their communities. With the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion pledge, firms and organizations send a strong message to staff, potential employees and the profession as a whole, that they consider diversity and inclusion as critical means for organizational growth and success.”
- Barry C. Melancon, CPA, CGMA
President & CEO, American Institute of CPAs
CEO, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Here are links to examples of actions from firms in the profession:
- Aprio – Excelle
- Aprio – Intern Volunteer Effort
- Aprio – Volunteer Day
- Aprio – Workplace Flexibility Anytime Anywhere
- Baker Tilly – Affinity Groups and Networks
- Baker Tilly – Metrics and Accountability
- Baker Tilly – Succession Planning
- BDO USA – Busy Seasons Breaks Campaign
- BDO USA – Early Career and Mid-Career Women's Councils
- Crowe Horwath – Crowe Mobility
- Deloitte – Paid family Leave Program
- Deloitte – Bersin Research
- Deloitte – Deloitte Foundation/Right Step
- EY – Diversity and Inclusiveness Microsite
- EY – Peterson Institute Gender Study
- EY – Implicit Associations and Unconscious Bias Learning
- EY – Statement from Steve Howe
- KPMG – Future Diversity Leaders Program
- KPMG – Women’s Leadership Summit and Future Leaders Program
- Marcum – Women’s Initiative
- Marcum – Engagement and Implicit Bias Training
- Marcum – Focus Groups and Core Hours
- Protiviti – Leave Concierge Program
- PwC – Blind Spots Training
- PwC – LGBT Partner Advisory Board
- PwC – Statement from Tim Ryan
- PwC – Veteran Transition Program
- Skoda Minotti – Diversity Inclusion Journey