The AICPA National Commission on Diversity and Inclusion (NCDI) was formed in 2012 to be champions that influence the accounting profession to make diversity and inclusion a priority in the areas of recruitment, certification, and advancement of ethnic minorities.
The NCDI accomplishes their mission by:
- Identifying challenges ethnic minorities face in the profession.
- Developing solutions and innovative practices that address the challenges.
- Maximizing opportunities of having a more diverse and inclusive profession.
The vision of the NCDI is to create a seamless handoff of students from the pipeline to the profession, and ensure retention and advancement. They work to accomplish this through three profession-wide goals:
- The Student - Increase the number of ethnic minorities who enroll and graduate from accounting programs.
- The Professional - Increase the representation of credentialed ethnic minorities.
- The Firm - Increase the number of employers or firms with diversity and inclusion programs focused on retention and advancement of ethnic minorities.
The NCDI consists of representatives from minority professional advocacy groups such as ALPFA, Ascend, NABA, and NCPACA, CPA firms, state CPA societies and leaders from business and industry, government and education.
2019 NCDI Roster:
Richard Caturano, CPA, CGMA
National Leader of Culture Diversity and Inclusion, RSM
Ernie Almonte, CPA
President, AICPA Foundation
Americas Director, Inclusiveness Recruiting, EY
Sharon Bryson, M.Ed
CEO, North Carolina Association of CPAs
Jeff Chin, CPA
National President, ASCEND
Partner Representative – ASCEND
Kim Drumgo, MBA, PMP
Director, Diversity & Inclusion, AICPA
Kimberly Ellison-Taylor, CPA, CGMA
Executive Director - Finance Thought Leadership, Oracle
Immediate past Chair, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Kim Gamez, CPA
Vice-President, Accounting & Finance
Amplify Credit Union
Partner, Citrin Cooperman
Jenny Okonkwo MBA FCMA (UK) FP&A CGMA CPA, CMA
President, Transform Consulting
Partner Representative – CIMA
Partner Representative – NCPACA
Talent Management & Minority Initiatives Leader, PwC
Partner Representative – ALPFA
Director, Center for Accounting
Scott Steffens, CPA
Partner, Grant Thornton
Tony Torres, CPA
Audit and Assurance Chief Inclusion Officer