The CPA Exam is offered four times per year in “testing windows.”
- Q1: January 1 - March 10
- Q2: April 1 - June 10
- Q3: July 1 - September 10
- Q4: October 1 - December 10
Before you schedule an Exam for a specific testing window, you must apply for the Exam and receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS).
The tables below show the target dates for each testing window when NASBA will release scores to Boards of Accountancy. Some boards may require at least one day beyond the published target release date to process and release scores.
CPA Exam scoring is treated with a high level of importance, due diligence, and attention to accuracy. Your responses to questions go through multiple quality assurance reviews to ensure scoring accuracy. To learn more about scoring, read about the Exam scoring process. You can also find answers to common scoring questions in the Exam FAQs section.
Testing Window: January 1 - March 10 (20Q1)
Testing Window: April 1 - June 10 (20Q2)
- All dates and times are based on the Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone.
- For most candidates, Prometric sends Exam data files to the AICPA within 24 hours after you complete testing.
- Exam data files received after the AICPA cutoff dates will result in subsequent scheduled target score release dates.
- If you take the BEC section, you might receive your score approximately one week following the target release date due to additional analysis that may be required for the written communication tasks.
**The Exam data files the AICPA receives after this date will be included in the final target score release date for the testing window.