CPA Exam Sample Tests and Tutorials
The sample tests are an online version of the real CPA Exam software. You can practice with a sampling of multiple-choice questions (MCQs), task-based simulations (TBS), and written communications tasks (WCT) for each section of the Exam. It is important for you to be familiar with the format and functionality of this software before you take your actual Exam at a Prometric test center. Keep in mind that your performance on each sample test is not an accurate depiction of your readiness to take the Exam. Before using the sample tests, we recommend that you view the tutorial videos.
- Before you take a sample test, make sure you are using an HD monitor. If you do not have an HD monitor, you will have to adjust the format of your screen size by clicking (CTRL + or -).
- The sample tests are not a complete, four-hour Exam. On average, it may take you up to two hours to complete each sample test.
- Each sample test has five testlets with 10 MCQs and 6 TBSs, except BEC, which has 10 MCQs, 3 TBSs and 2 WCTs.
- By clicking the “HELP” icon in the toolbar of each sample test, you can access the tutorial topics.
- You will not receive a score for completing a sample test but you can click “Show Correct Answer” at the bottom of the screen for the MCQs and open the exhibit named “Show Correct Answer” when completing the TBSs.
- For answers to many of the common questions, read the CPA Exam sample tests frequently asked questions.
Take the CPA Exam sample tests
Share Your Feedback
Please help us improve the CPA candidate experience by sharing your thoughts about the sample tests.
Watch these short videos for highlights about the CPA Exam software. You'll find various topics that discuss the functionality of tools, resources and navigation found in the exam.