CPA Exam Tutorial and Sample Tests
The Uniform CPA Examination® consists of several question types that test the knowledge and skills required of entry-level CPAs. You can familiarize yourself with the format and functionality of the exam by practicing with the sample tests for each section and reviewing the tutorial topics, which are found under the “Help” button within each sample test.
The sample tests* give you the opportunity to practice with the exam’s functionality. There is one sample test for each exam section. The sample tests let you answer questions that represent all of the question types found on the exam: multiple-choice question (MCQ), task-based simulation (TBS), written communication task (WCT).
- Practice with the AUD sample test
- Practice with the BEC sample test
- Practice with the FAR sample test
- Practice with the REG sample test
*Before you take any sample tests, please note:
- The CPA Exam software is optimized for Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 on 23” HD resolution monitors in a Prometric test center. The sample test will run on other browsers and monitors, but you might have to scroll horizontally and vertically to see the entire contents as presented. If you have concerns about exam readability, please ensure you use a 23-inch HD (1920x1080) monitor for an experience similar to an actual test center.
- When taking the sample test, you may review the correct answers to multiple-choice questions by clicking on the "Show Correct Answer" button. Your responses are not an accurate indication of your preparedness for the actual exam.
- The correct answers to the task-based simulations can be found in an exhibit called "Answer Key".
For answers to many of the common questions, read the CPA Exam sample tests frequently asked questions.
Share Your Feedback
Please help us improve the CPA candidate experience by sharing your thoughts about the tutorial and sample tests.
CPA Exam Features and Functionality Video
Watch the features and functionality video for highlights of the exam software. You'll find various topics that discuss the functionality of tools, resources and navigation found in the exam.