Uniform CPA Examination Application Information

June 24, 2004

If you are a new candidate and have not taken the CPA Exam before:

Decide what state board you wish to apply to (requirements for CPA licensure vary by jurisdiction. For A Summary of requirements by state, click here. Then request an application from the board of accountancy of your choice or CPA Examination Services (CPAES).

If you have previously taken the CPA Exam:

Apply to take your remaining exam sections as soon as possible. Most state boards have set a finite amount of time for candidates to transition to the computerized CPA Exam. You will begin to lose your conditional credit if you don’t pass the remaining sections in the time and/or number of attempts allowed. Do not lose a testing opportunity – apply now.

Where to get an application or re-apply:

  • The state boards of accountancy in the following states use CPAES as their agent. Candidates in these jurisdictions needing CPA Exam applications should call CPAES at 1-800-CPA-EXAM or go to www.nasba.org:click here

    Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin

  • Washington state candidates should contact Castle Worldwide at 1-800-655-4845.
  • Candidates from all other states should contact their boards of accountancy. Click here to find contact information for the board of accountancy in your jurisdiction.