Coronavirus (COVID-19) tax policy & advocacy resources
Stay up to date on the latest news about our tax policy and advocacy efforts, information on the work we do on behalf of the profession, and resources to help your clients and business.
Latest advocacy news
Tax section resources are available on the coronavirus (COVID-19) tax resources page.
Recent webinars & podcasts
- State and local taxes during the pandemic podcast
- Special Washington Tax Brief Covid 19 Tax Related Relief
- Ed Karl, Vice President of Taxation, podcast on relieving the April 15 'pressure point'
Update on state tax issues during the coronavirus pandemic
The AICPA is monitoring tax issues at the state and local levels and developed a list of coronavirus-related administrative, filing and payment relief issues you'll want to know about.
Coronavirus Impact on CPAs: More Tax Filing Relief is Needed
The AICPA, state CPA societies and AICPA members successfully advocated for a tax-filing deadline extension, but more relief is needed. Learn what other advocacy efforts the AICPA is working towards.
AICPA Calls for Tax Filing Relief Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
The AICPA has been advocating for relief since the beginning.
- Eileen Sherr - COVID-19 creates 11 new state tax issues
- Ed Karl’s Blog - The Dashed Hopes of an “Easy” Tax Season during COVID-19
- Sarah Shannonhouse - Coronavirus: Prepare your clients and protect your practice
Coronavirus advocacy efforts
- Guidance Related to the Employee Retention Credit Provisions
- AICPA Advocacy Update—IRS announces broad tax filing and payment relief in Notice 2020-23.
- AICPA thanks the IRS for extending tax filing and payments for ALL first and second quarter returns until July 15, 2020!
- The 20 most frequently asked questions (FAQs) on tax relief
- AICPA Says Senate’s $2 Trillion Economic Stimulus Bill is Great Step for Small Businesses and Employees
- AICPA Urges Treasury, IRS to Act Immediately to Provide Broader Tax Filing and Payment Relief
- AICPA Says Current Tax Filing and Payment Extensions Are Not Enough, IRS Must Act Quickly
- AICPA Calls on Treasury, IRS to Provide Extensive Relief to Taxpayers
- AICPA-led Coalition Urges Expedited Small Business Funding Via Payroll Processors
- AICPA Thanks Senator Thune and Other Congressional Members for Successful Push on April 15 Tax Filing Extension
- AICPA Thanks Dept. of Treasury and IRS For April 15 Tax Filing Extension and Expresses Gratitude for Member and State CPA Society Outreach
- AICPA Supports Sen. John Thune Tax Filing Relief Legislation, Tax Relief for America Act
- AICPA CEO Barry Melancon Says IRS Must Provide Immediate Tax Filing Relief, Expresses Strong Concern About Treasury Department Decisions
- AICPA Greatly Concerned About Taxpayers’ and Tax Practitioners’ Ability to Meet Filing Deadlines During Coronavirus Pandemic
- COVID-19 U.S. Emergency Declaration: What Does it Mean for U.S. Taxpayers and Tax Practitioners?
- AICPA Calls for Tax Filing Relief Amid Coronavirus Pandemic