We’re taking the CPA candidate experience up a notch thanks to new exam software launching on April 1. The exam will feature a modernized format and functionality that more closely resembles a typical work environment for a CPA.
Since moving to computer-based testing in 2004, we’ve introduced technology changes to help us better manage, deliver, assess and score the exam. The latest software uses a high-definition display and gives candidates new and improved exam tools that improve functionality. This lets them focus what is most important – showing they have knowledge and skills necessary to protect the public interest.
Some of the features available to your candidates next month are:
- Access to Microsoft Excel® to use in completing exam items.
- Dedicated workspace to more easily work with exhibits and tools
- Highlighting ability to help remember important exhibit elements
- Seamless cut, copy and paste for more efficient use of information
Preparation is essential for candidates who are preparing to sit for the exam. Encourage them to become familiar with the new format and functionality before test day. By visiting aicpa.org/cpaexam, your candidates will be able to find resources such as the:
- Tutorial video that highlights all the latest changes
- Tutorial topics that detail the “need-to-know” information about the exam software
- Sample tests to take the exam software for a “test drive” and practice with its functionality
Along with next month’s software launch, we’ve reminded candidates that scores will be held in the Q2, Q3 and Q4 test windows to allow time to check test question performance. We will release scores once after the close of each window. Direct your candidates to the Score Release Timeline for specific dates for each test window.