The CITP demonstrates your ability to:
- Develop and maintain information governance policies and programs
- Perform data analytics and provide insight for business decisions and support financial reporting system implementation
- Evaluate the impact of technology risks and related controls on financial statements, assess technology risk and information management, to support system implementations and evaluate security and privacy programs
- Perform Service Organization Control Reports and related information assurance engagements
Why Become a CITP?
Tools & Resources
- IMTA Section Membership — CITP credential holders have access to all of the benefits of IMTA Section membership.
- CITP Sponsorship Program — If you are an IMTA Section member and interested in becoming a CITP, you may qualify for sponsorship to help achieve certification.
- CITP Champion Program — This offers specialized CPAs the support, structure, and resources to collaborate with state societies to inform CPAs about the specialization.
- Use of CITP Logo — Download logos for use in your correspondence to enhance your brand recognition as a certified expert in your field.
- Marketing Toolkit — It includes information on how to market yourself and includes a press release, logos, brochure and presentation.
- CITP Credential Directory — You will be added to this directory where the public is able to search for a CITP in their state.