DISCLAIMER: This document has not been approved, disapproved, or otherwise acted upon by any senior technical committees, and does not represent an official position of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. It is distributed with the understanding that the contributing authors and editors, and the publisher, are not rendering legal, accounting, or other professional services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
Note: Access to Inside Information is a benefit of PFP/PFS membership, which is an individual membership. If your peers would like access to this newsletter service, they can either purchase directly from Bob Veres or sign up for PFP membership.
April 2015 In This Issue:
- Best Practices for Best Execution: Creative advisors' advice to control the custodial fees in client accounts.
- Power Success Factors: The most powerful success factors in the advisory profession explained in simple detail.
- The Pricing Evolution: It may be time to rethink your pricing model--and this is a terrific guide to the best way to approach the issue.
- Parting Thoughts: Let's welcome the idea that brokers and reps will abandon the middle class if they have to live up to a fiduciary standard.
March 2015 In this issue...
- The Tech Trends Today: A number of firms are helping advisors improve their digital interface with prospects and clients. Others will help you meet the SEC’s impending cybersecurity requirements, if you weren’t paranoid about the subject already.
- 401(k)-ing Your Business: How to get into the small 401(k) business, and reasons why you should consider it.
- Future So Bright: Think the world is going to hell in a handbasket? Here's the other side of the story.
- Parting Thoughts: The planning world is divided into tribes. Here's a way to bring them all together.
February 2015 In this issue...
- The Other Dimension Of Risk: Roger Gibson and Christopher Sidoni offer the best analysis yet of the dynamics that has today’s clients questioning their investment returns in their AICPA Advanced PFP conference presentation.
- Your CRM Buyer’s Guide: Stumped about how to evaluate the CRM offerings on the market? Try this tool.
- The Apps Office: 26 useful (and inexpensive) tools for your practice.
- Technical Tips: The Best Ideas panel discussion at the AICPA Advanced PFP conference was, once again, one of the best sessions we'll see this year.
- Parting Thoughts: What to watch for this year from a discussion at the AICPA Advanced PFP Conference.
January 2015 In this issue...
- Successful Service Structures: It’s easy to divide clients into different levels based on how much they pay you. Giving different service to different tiers is much harder.
- Re-Assessing the Odds: Index funds, hands down, beat the aggregate of actively-managed funds. But new research is suggesting better ways to find winning managers.
- On-Boarding Made Easy: A new client onboarding system that is so simple, your junior staff could manage it without you.
- Parting Thoughts: Better strategies for coping with the unexpected, and making the most of the new year.