AICPA Committee and Task Force Updates Available
The Financial Reporting Center updates you on the activities of various technical committees and task forces through a quarterly newsletter supplement. The update summarizes the major achievements and issues deliberated by each group.
Updated activity reports available in this quarterly report include the following activities of AICPA committees, task forces and expert panels:
Auditing Standards Board
o ASB Update
- Incoming Members of the Auditing Standards Board
- Accounting Review Services Committee
- ARSC Continues With its Project to Clarify the Standards for Compilation and Review Engagements
- Meet the New ARSC members
- Business Reporting, Assurance and Advisory Services
o Assurance Services Executive Committee (ASEC)
- Assurance Service Executive Committee (ASEC) XBRL Assurance Task Force
- Assurance Services Executive Committee (ASEC) Sustainability Task Force
- Assurance Services Executive Committee (ASEC) Trust Information Integrity Task Force
- Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
- Cloud Security Alliance and Service Organization Control ReportsSM
- Assurance Service Executive Committee (ASEC) Emerging Assurance Technologies Task Force
- Continuous Assurance Working Group
- Audit Data Standard Working Group
- Health Care Expert Panel
- Incoming Members of the Health Care Expert Panel
- Insurance Companies Expert Panel
- Comment Letter on the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) Exposure Drafts – Insurance Contracts
- AICPA Accounting and Valuation Guide Task Forces
- IPR&D Task Force
- Impairment Task Force
- Equity Securities Task Force
- PE/VC and Business Combinations Task Forces
The report is available for download on the Financial Reporting Center.
AICPA Insights Live Webcast Series “Latest Trends Affecting CPAs”
The AICPA Technical Hotline provides non-authoritative advice to members on matters of accounting and financial reporting, audit, attest, compilation and review service standards. This podcast, the AICPA Insights Live webcast on Nov. 22, addresses some of the more commonly asked questions over the past year in the areas of audit, attest, compilation and review engagements. Highlights include the new clarified audit standards, verification requests, supplementary information and Service Organization Controls reporting.
Listen to the podcast or read the transcript at AICPA Insights.