Business, Industry & Government
The AICPA provides financial managers and executives practicing in business, industry, and government with tools and resources needed to move organizations forward.
The quarterly AICPA Business and Industry Economic Outlook Survey is a leading indicator of U.S. economic growth and contraction based on CPA financial executives’ evaluation of corporate prospects, performance data, and first-hand knowledge of company staffing, spending and financing plans. See our latest release (December 10, 2020).
The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) has presented 4 recipients for the 2020 Outstanding CPA Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Awards (Federal, State, and Local), and the Outstanding CPA in Goverment.
Journal of Accountancy
Tax filing season to start Feb. 12, IRS announces
Jan 15, 2021
The IRS announced that it will start accepting 2020 tax returns on Feb. 12, a later date than usual. The delay stems from programming changes needed to account for year-end tax legislation.
Individual CPAs can apply for .cpa web domain Friday
Jan 14, 2021
Licensed CPAs can apply for individual .cpa domains beginning Jan. 15, the AICPA announced. Thousands of firms and approved organizations applied for the top-level domain during their application window, which was open from Sept. 1.
Guidance issued for PPP first-draw loan increases, reapplications
Jan 14, 2021
New procedural guidance from the SBA outlines the processes Paycheck Protection Program borrowers and their lenders must follow to reapply for a first-draw PPP loan or request an increase to a loan approved by Aug. 8, 2020, which is when the first iteration of PPP stopped accepting applications.
Management Accounting & Finance Perspectives
- Together, we can make a plan to address racism and unconscious bias
- Supporting Accountants in Business & Public Sector Through Uncertain Times
- Federal Reserve takes additional actions to provide up to $2.3 trillion in loans to support the economy
- You’re suddenly WFH: An example of how to adapt (March 2020 podcast)
- 2020 The State of Risk Oversight: An Overview of Enterprise Risk Management Practices - 11th Edition
- Using ERM Principles To Help Navigate Risks Triggered by COVID-19
- Coronavirus risks: The importance of preparation
- Finance transformation: the human perspective
- Agile Finance Unleashed: The Key Traits of Digital Finance Leaders
- Re-inventing finance for a digital world
- Robotic Process Automation: the next big thing