Publication Release Schedule
Looking for the latest AICPA publications? Wondering when the next edition of your go-to resource will be available? The table below highlights upcoming and recently released publications. For more information on the industries and topics on which the AICPA provides resources, visit our Key Topics and Industries
page. The AICPA also offers its members certain free resources related to financial reporting, which are available at the Financial Reporting Center
If you want your AICPA titles before they are available in paperback or as an eBook, consider subscribing to the title or a library of titles on the AICPA's Online Professional Library
||Updated as of January 1, 2013, this comprehensive revision of Audit and Accounting Guide Property and Liability Insurance Entities provides expert assistance on new standards, guidance, and practices, and delivers "how-to" advice for handling audit and accounting issues common to the insurance industry.
In addition, this guide addresses areas identified by AICPA members as their biggest trouble spots.
Enhancements have been made to improve user understanding and minimize diversity in practice, including the following:
- Premium deficiency calculations. New section provides thorough discussion, with a variety of examples provided for both the expected investment income and discounting approaches.
- Captive insurance entities. New chapter provides an overview, background, and specific areas of interest.
- Auditing loss reserves. Revised section includes the clarified auditing standards and discussion of current approaches in practice today.
- ASB Clarity Project. Reports on audited financial statements have been conformed to reflect the Clarity Project changes. Illustrations include the auditor’s report on general use financial statements of an insurance enterprise prepared in accordance with SAP, as well as an example auditor’s report under PCAOB standards.
- Property and liability insurance. Expanded examples of disclosures needed to meet the requirements for GAAP compliance.
- Legal and regulatory. Expert analysis of the current environment in which insurance entities are operating, and how it affects them.
This edition is available in eBook, as an online subscription, or in paperback. Order today.
results per page