|Whether you are a financial statement preparer or auditor it is critical to understand the complexities of the employee benefit plan industry including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and related regulation requirements, fair value measurements and disclosures, and communication of internal control matters. AICPA publications provide information on recent developments, guidance, practice aids, and illustrative examples for the common accounting and audit practices in the employee benefit plan industry, including
Find comprehensive examples of financial statements and disclosures specific to defined contribution pension plans, defined benefit pension plans, and health and welfare benefit plans, auditor reports, including reports for limited scope audits and 403(b) plan, Form 5500 required supplemental schedules, including the schedule of delinquent participant contributions, and sample management letters and illustrative management letter comments.
- an overview of statutory rules and regulations and the financial reporting requirements of ERISA.
- fair value disclosure requirements.
- a detailed listing of other required financial statement disclosures.
- updates to disclosure requirements related to assets and liabilities measured at fair value.
- updates to service auditor’s reports (Service Organization Control [SOC] 1 reports) used in audit engagements.
For more information on the industry and the AICPA's commitment to provide updates and guidance, visit the Employee Benefit Plans Expert Panel webpage or the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center.