Eighteen CPAs Honored for Lengthy Service to AICPA and the Profession
Distinguished Group of Volunteers Recognized with Sustained Contribution Award
Published October 22, 2013
Contact: Mitchell Slepian, 212-596-6177, firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOS ANGELES (Oct. 22, 2013) – The American Institute of CPAs is pleased to announce that 18 CPAs have been selected to receive its Sustained Contribution Award, which recognizes members who have contributed measurably to the AICPA and accounting profession through volunteer service.
All recipients have served on an AICPA volunteer group for 20 years or more, and at one time have led a committee, task force or resource panel within the organization.
“The AICPA is dedicated to offering the best possible resources to its members and the profession, and volunteers are a crucial component in this,” said Kathy Eddy, CPA, CGMA, chair of the awards committee and a former AICPA chair. “When you consider the breadth of achievement of this year’s recipients, the Sustained Contribution Award is a tremendous badge of honor.”
The following CPAs were recognized at the fall meeting of the AICPA Council:
- Rick J. Anderson, Seattle, Wash.
- John Mason Andres, Texarkana, Tex.
- Barry Barber, Manalapan, N.J.
- Ernest F. Baugh Jr., Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Linda J. Blessing, Laclede, Idaho
- Diane Sylvia Conant, Las Vegas, Nev.
- E. C. Johnson Jr., East Sandwich, Mass.
- John L. Kreischer, Doylestown, Pa.
- Deborah D. Lambert, Pinehurst, N.C.
- George A. Lewis, Lafayette, La.
- Harold Lamar Monk Jr., Gainesville, Fla.
- Belverd E. Needles Jr., Winnetka, Ill.
- Keith Owen Newton, Chicago, Ill.
- Robert M. Pielech, New Bedford, Mass.
- Gary John Previts, Rocky River, Ohio
- Ronald L. Seigneur, Lakewood, Colo.
- David Joseph Sibits, Cleveland, Ohio
- Gordon A. Viere, Minneapolis, Minn.