What impact will the global economic malaise, overhanging issues from a “fiscal cliff” resolution, and potential U.S. tax and legislative changes have on retirement planning, wealth management and other key personal finance decisions? Find out from experts at the American Institute of CPAs’ Advanced Personal Financial Planning Conference, the first major post-election event on these topics.
Where: The Aria Resort in Las Vegas. A live broadcast of keynotes and select conference sessions will be available to reporters who can’t attend in person (Please note: advance registration is required).
When: Jan. 21-23, 2013.
Agenda: More than 45 sessions are scheduled on investment, retirement, wealth management and practice management, with keynotes and key sessions available via live broadcast. The latter group includes:
· David Kelly, Managing Director & Chief Global Strategist, J.P. Morgan Funds, who will provide perspective on the current economic and investment environment.
· Mel Schwarz, CPA, Partner, Grant Thornton, who will discuss potential changes in tax policy over the next four years.
· Theodore Sarenski, CPA/PFS, CFP, AEP, CEO, Blue Ocean Strategic Capital, who will talk about optimizing clients’ benefits under Social Security.
· Carolyn McClanahan, MD, CFP, Life Planning Partners, who will discuss healthcare reform in the context of financial planning.
· Carl Richards, Director of Investor Education, The Buckingham Family of Financial Services, and author of “The Behavior Gap: Simple Ways to Stop Doing Dumb Things with Money,” who will discuss tactics to curb self-defeating behavior by clients.
· Reva Bhalla, Vice President of Global Analysis, Stratfor, who will review geopolitical perspectives for 2013.
· Larry Sabato, Director, University of Virginia Center for Politics, UVA, who will give a political update.
Registration: To obtain on-site press credentials, please contact Shirley Twillman at email@example.com. Media sign-ups for remote access and other questions about the event should be directed to the press contacts above. Please note the agenda reflects Pacific Time.