The AICPA is engaged in a number of programs to help it fulfill its mission of advocacy on behalf of its members, the CPA profession and the broader public good. Ongoing efforts include:
- Evaluating international, national and local issues and trends, and tracking and analysis of threats to and opportunities for the profession.
- Undertaking recruitment efforts to attract highly qualified individuals into the profession and position the profession as offering diversity in work and career paths.
- Promoting outstanding academic programs, emphasis on teaching quality, and aggressive minority educational initiatives.
- Preparing and grading the Uniform CPA Examination and encouragement of efforts to adopt uniform, high level requirements governing the issuance of the AICPA certificate.
- Support for the enactment of the 150-hour educational requirement as a prerequisite to licensing, and the pursuit of efforts at the international reciprocity.
- Promulgating standards, setting of requirements for, and membership assistance in the continuous improvement of professional and ethical conduct, performance and expertise.
- Developing measures to continually improve the financial reporting system and to detect, expose and prevent fraud.
- Operating comprehensive Continuing Professional Education (CPE) programs for CPAs.
- Launching 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy, the CPA profession's public awareness campaign to help improve America's financial knowledge.