The Maximo Mukelabai award nominations deadline has ended. The committee will be reviewing nominations and notify each nominee in July 2014.
Maximo Mukelabai was a member of the inaugural class of the AICPA Leadership Academy. Tragically, Maximo's life ended abruptly at the age of 36. He was an extraordinary individual filled with passion, intellect and inspiration; traits immediately recognized by anyone who met him. Maximo's most recent accomplishment was made official on May 4th, 2011 when he became the youngest and first African-American chair for the North Carolina Association of CPAs board of directors and was to become President of NCACPA. Maximo's influence and leadership was felt by so many and will be sorely missed.
In tribute to Maximo’s legacy, the AICPA has founded the Maximo Mukelabai Award. An award that will recognize a deserving CPA under the age of 40, for his/her passion and contributions towards building the CPA pipeline, serving as an advocate of the accounting profession and performing outstanding community service.
The AICPA Maximo Mukelabai Award for a young CPAs’ outstanding contribution to the CPA profession is designed to recognize a CPA under the age of 40 who has performed outstanding service toward the advancement, stewardship and promotion of the accounting profession and selfless contributions to the community.
- Individuals may submit their online application by May 31, 2014.
- We strongly recommend you have the professional reference form completed by your employer,state CPA society or affiliate membership organization representative, or community service organization.
Selection Process: The Young CPA Network Committee will review all qualified nominations and select the final award recipient. The recipient will be announced and presented with an award at the AICPA’s E.D.G.E. Conference scheduled for August 6-8, 2014 in New Orleans, LA. All nominators will be notified via email in June 2014.
How to Apply:
Please make sure you have the following documents ready for upload. Your application will not be considered complete without:
- Current resume or vita
- Completed professional reference forms. Click here to access the reference form
- Completed Volunteer Activity Statement Letter focused on one of the following:
- Describe how you have demonstrated leadership within your job or volunteer activities.
- Describe why volunteerism is important to the accounting profession.
- How have you positively impacted the accounting profession through volunteerism?
During the application process, you may only select “next” or “previous” pages. After selecting “submit” on the final page, you will not be able to return to the application questions or uploads.
Click here to begin the application.
How to Nominate an Individual:
- Complete the professional reference form- accessed here
- Email your nominee:
- Completed professional reference form
- The link to this web page so they may access the application and instructions
Questions: Contact the AICPA at YoungCPANetwork@aicpa.org or email@example.com.
Deadline: May 31, 2014