The four-day program engages candidates in a self-examination of leadership, what that means and how it impacts their personal life, their career path, and the CPA profession. The interactive dialogue with the leaders and other Academy participants focuses on the issues currently facing the accounting profession and direction we need to take in order to remain a dynamic and active participant in the global marketplace. Candidates will have peer mentors and be given a unique exposure to the most senior AICPA leaders.
The Academy exposes the next generation of CPAs to a strong ethic of leadership and service while providing them with strategies to forge relationships to expand their competencies and empower them to become leaders within their organizations, communities and the CPA profession.
Leadership Academy 2014:
Dates & Location:
Dates: September 28 - October 2, 2014
Location: Washington Duke Inn, Durham, NC
Cost: Selected attendees will be responsible for their related travel expenses and the $925 program fee which includes the following:
- Program Facilities
- Learning Materials
- Evening Social Activities
- 4 Nights’ Accommodations
- Attendee CPE
If you’re a CPA who meets the following eligibility requirements (at the time of application), you’re invited to apply.
- Voting member in the AICPA
- Member of a state society or affiliate partner organization
- 3+ years of experience within the CPA profession
- Between the ages of 25 and 35
May 31, 2014
How To Apply:
Please make sure you have the following documents ready for upload. Your application will not be considered complete without:
1. Current resume or vita
2. Professional photograph
**Professional photograph requirements:
- Front-on facing straight at the camera
- Solid or minimally distracting background
- High resolution (300 dpi)
- Sized at 4x6 or 6x4 (not thumbnail size!)
- Click here for examples of acceptable professional photos
3. Essay (500-700 words) responding to the following question:
- "What leadership competencies and characteristics will be essential to successfully lead and advance the CPA profession in 2025?"
4. Two completed professional reference forms (Click here to download reference form)
- References may be from the AICPA, state society, AICPA partner organization, employer, educator or community service affiliation.
During the application process, you may only select “next” or “previous” pages. After selecting “submit” you will not be able to return to the application questions or uploads.
**Before beginning your application, complete the documents above for uploading into the application**
** Click here to begin application.**