Planning After ATRA and the Net Investment Income Tax Toolkit
|Planning After ATRA and the Net Investment Income Tax
The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (ATRA) and Net Investment Income Tax (NIIT) have added more complexity to planning given that you now have to navigate through a multi-layer tax system in conjunction with running multi-year scenarios to gain a clear picture of the tax landscape in order to advise your clients on virtually all of their personal financial planning decisions. CPA financial planners now have an unprecedented opportunity to demonstrate their value to clients by providing guidance, planning, and tax expertise. This toolkit includes education and resources to plan post-ATRA and for the new Net Investment Income Tax.
- NEW - Tax Practitioner’s Toolkit, including prevention tips and a checklist of follow-up steps.
- Resources on Section 2704 Valuation Regulations - use the information and resources to learn about Section 2704 Regulations.
- Video: Estate Tax Proposals: Clinton vs. Trump – How to Advise Clients Now
In this video, Martin Shenkman, CPA/PFS discusses the estate tax proposals of presidential candidates Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump, why you should care, what the impact would be, and what to advise clients now.
- What You Should Be Thinking About in 2016 - overview of Best Ideas Panel discussion about the most important topics to be thinking about in 2016.
- Estate Basis Consistency Reporting Resource Center - use the information and resources to learn about the regulations, requirements for filing the forms, and other accounting and legal issues you need to know to comply with the Code.
- Section 7216 - guidance and sample consent forms to comply with regulations involving disclosure and use of tax return information by tax return preparers.
- The CPA’s Guide to Financial & Estate Planning - provides guidance to CPAs advising clients in estate, tax, retirement, investment and risk management matters .
- Analysis of a Tax Return - use this checklist developed by leading CPA financial planners to find planning opportunities in your tax practice.
- AICPA Tangible Property Resources - overview of the tangible property regulations, links to current and previous regulations, sample IRC 3115 resources (for applicable businesses), repair regs flowchart, sample client letter, and more.
- Forefield Advisor Tax Resource Center
- Tax Season Resources - checklist to identify PFP opportunities as you analyze your clients’ tax returns, checklist to have clients fill out as you meet with them during tax season, popular guides, FAQs, webcast and podcast recordings, client communications content, and more.
- Roth Conversion Resources
- Planning for Same-Sex Couples
- Resources to Integrate Planning Into Your Tax Practice
- News: including the latest PFP News, weekly Financial Planning Digest and up-to-date legislative/regulatory news
- Upcoming Webcasts (PFP/PFS members receive 4 complimentary CPE accredited PFP Section-sponsored webcasts on an annual basis and discounts on all other CPE-accredited PFP Section-sponsored webcasts available for purchase)
- Tax Planning Events Library (all free to PFP/PFS members without optional CPE)