The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act presents a multitude of issues to consider in the areas of personal financial planning given the certainty in the tax law for 2011 and 2012 and the uncertainty we will be with faced with once again in 2013. The AICPA has several resources to help you get up to speed on the new Act:
Forefield Alerts Since Enactment of 2010 Tax Act
Forefield Advisor keeps CPAs and their clients up to date with the latest law changes by providing legislative, tax, financial, and estate planning alerts, concept pieces, articles, calculators, key numbers, and more. The following Forefield alerts have been released since the enactment of the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010:
Forefield Advisor is a Web-based business development, education and client communication tool that enables financial professionals to deliver current and concise advice to clients. You receive this benefit for FREE ($399 value) as a member of the PFP section.
Web Seminar Recordings and Related Resources Covering the Latest Legislation
PFP Division web seminars are led by the foremost experts in the country on the topics covered. PFP section members can attend these web seminars for free without optional CPE or for a discounted fee to receive CPE. All web seminar recordings and related resources are archived in the PFP web seminar library.
- Download a chart from Bob Keebler on Generation Skipping Transfer Tax
- Download a decision chart from Bob Keebler to help determine whether or not to elect out of the estate tax and into carryover basis for 2010 decedents.
- Download a chart from Bob Keebler outlining estate, income tax, and financial planning opportunities to take advantage of prior to changes in the tax law.
- Bob Keebler's summary of the provisions and considerations for PFP members.
- Journal of Accountancy's Congressional Hot Topics Page for the latest legislative developments.