The resources in the PFP Emerging Professionals Outreach Toolkit will help CPA financial planners initiate communication with universities and state societies and prepare for and execute an outreach event to future CPAs.
|How to use this toolkit
- Step 1. Read this toolkit and become familiar with the resources provided. Contact the AICPA PFP Division staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- Step 2. Initiate contact to volunteer for a presentation using sample language and message points provided. This can be to a group of students at a university, members of a student accounting organization or a group of emerging CPAs.
- Step 3. Prepare for your presentation using the sample message points and slide decks provided.
- Step 4. Execute your presentation. Consider providing handouts such as the article, brochure or list of resources provided.
- Step 5. Inform AICPA staff liaison, Sarah Bradley, when you have executed a presentation, including audience, how it went, how the messaging or slide decks could be better, and any other feedback.
- Step 6. Repeat again and again!
Special thanks to the Young & Emerging CPA Financial Planners Task Force, a joint task force under the PFP Executive and CPA/PFS Credential Committees, and many others for contributing to this toolkit.
This publication is designed to provide illustrative information with respect to the subject matter covered. It does not establish standards or preferred practices. The material was prepared by AICPA staff and has not been considered or acted upon by senior technical committees or the AICPA board of directors and does not represent an official opinion or position of the AICPA. It is provided with the understanding that the staff and publisher are not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or other professional service. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional person should be sought. The staff and publisher make no representations, warranties, or guarantees about and assume no responsibility for the content or application of the material contained herein and expressly disclaim all liability for any damages arising out of the use of, reference to, or reliance on such material.