DISCLAIMER: This document has not been approved, disapproved, or otherwise acted upon by any senior technical committees, and does not represent an official position of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. It is distributed with the understanding that the contributing authors and editors, and the publisher, are not rendering legal, accounting, or other professional services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
Note: Access to Inside Information is a benefit of PFP/PFS membership, which is an individual membership. If your peers would like access to this newsletter service, they can either purchase directly from Bob Veres or sign up for PFP membership.
March 2017 In this issue...
- A quick review of the tech world on display at the T3 Advisor Conference.
- Conferences: Practice conscious simplicity, and prepare yourself for exponential growth and a lot of disruption in the American economy.
- Portfolio Management: First Ascent Asset Management is doing something truly revolutionary: following a new trend in the advisor space.
- Parting Thoughts: The debate over "fake" vs. "real" news is playing with fire in our society--not to mention denigrating my profession.
February 2017 In this issue...
- The Great Stall (and Our Invisible Obstacles): What has caused the profession’s growth to suddenly slow down? Stephanie Bogan and an all-star cast of consultants offer their analysis.
- Practice Management: Prominent consultants offer their prescriptions for The Great Stall
- Conferences: Highlights of the AICPA Personal Financial Planning Summit.
- Parting Thoughts: SIFMA and other sales organizations confirm that they're in the sales business, on the record.
January 2017 In this issue...
- Inefficient Market Theory: active fund manager are quietly talking about the best investing environment of their careers. Credit the fund flows into ETFs and passive investments.
- Practice Management: How to use engagement standards with clients, your business and practically anything else.
- Client Services: A truly holistic financial planning service includes coaching and career asset management.
- Parting Thoughts: How we're winning the big war behind all the battles that our profession has been losing.