PFS Exam Sponsorship
The application must be submitted by the beginning of the exam period during which the applicant is taking the exam. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 800-362-5066 by these deadlines for the upcoming exam periods:
- Summer 2014 Exam Sponsorship application deadline: June 12, 2014
- Fall/winter 2014 Exam Sponsorship application deadline: December 8, 2014
The PFS Exam Sponsorship program is available for the 2014 PFS exams. Funding for this program is provided by the Association of CPA Financial Planners (ACPAFP), an organization committed to promoting the CPA/PFS credential for CPA financial planners. These awards are intended to encourage experienced CPAs who have an interest in personal financial planning to complete the examination requirement and ultimately obtain the CPA/PFS credential.
The sponsorship is only available to those that have not received a sponsorship payment in the past. The payment will reimburse candidates for a portion of the expenses they have incurred after they complete the PFS exam. Refer to the PFS Exam page (aicpa.org/PFSexam) for dates and details of the current exam.
For PFP Section members, this sponsorship can reduce the net cost for preparing for and taking the PFS exam to as low as $407.50 with the self-study review option!
There are three levels of sponsorship available, based on the type of exam review you are are planning (all require you to sit for the exam):
* The self-study exam review course is a highly recommended pre-requisite for either of the PFS exam classes; however to receive the sponsorship, it is a required. Check here for more information on the PFS exam review options
** The virtual PFP Boot Camp provides CPE, while the archived recording, if offered, is a non-CPE study aid that includes the recording from the current in-person PFS Exam Boot Camp.
*** This 2-1/2 day class is offered in both May and November before each exam.
You must be a section member to qualify for the Sponsorship. If you are not a PFP Section member, you can join online.
$200 can get you all of the PFP Section benefits and potentially qualify you for a $200-$600 sponsorship! As a section member, your exam review course and exam are discounted by $225 from the AICPA member price, more than covering the cost of section membership.
How does it work?
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Valid & unrevoked CPA license
- AICPA member
- PFP Section member
- Anticipate meeting the CPA/PFS education and experience requirements within 6 months after completing the exam
- Purchase the PFS Exam Review Course
- Purchase an online exam review option (virtual PFP Boot Camp or archived recording) (Level 2 $400 only)
- Purchase the PFS Exam Boot Camp (Level 3 $600 only)
- Purchase and complete the PFS Exam
- Meet the sponsorship requirements by making the appropriate purchases
- Apply for the sponsorship
- Receive an approval email
- Take the PFS Exam (passing the exam is not required to qualify)
- After the exam period is over, receive a debit gift card containing your sponsorship amount
If you have specific questions on this page, submit to the PFP Division staff via email at email@example.com.
Return to CPA/PFS Credential Overview page