To maintain an active CPA/PFS credential, CPA/PFS credential holders must pay an annual renewal fee of $350 and meet the following CPA/PFS recertification requirements every three years:
- Regular membership in good standing in the AICPA
- A valid and unrevoked CPA permit, certificate, or license issued by a legally constituted state authority
- 60 hours of CPE related to the PFP Body of Knowledge (See AICPA Education options)
- Submission (via the internet) of a statement of intent to continue to comply with all recertification requirements.
The initial CPA/PFS application covers the period from the credential holders CPA/PFS start date for a period of three years. At the end of that calendar year, an email will be sent notifying CPA/PFS credential holders that they need to recertify.
June, 2009 Become a CPA/PFS credential holder
June, 2012 End of initial 3 year period
December 31, 2012 Recertification required
December 31, 2015 Next recertification required
Failure to recertify results in the loss of the CPA/PFS credential.
The AICPA reserves the right to audit recertification attestations. If selected, the CPA/PFS credential holder will be contacted to provide further substantiation.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-888-777-7077 (Monday thru Friday 9am-6pm ET)
What is my CPA/PFS Recertification Date?
How do I recertify online?
To recertify your CPA/PFS credential, please follow these instructions (Downloadable tutorial with screen-shots
- Click the “My Account” link at top of this web page and go to My Account page.
- In the middle of the screen you should see a sentence about recertification with a “Recertify Online” link.
- Clicking that link will take you to the page where you can attest to meeting the recertification requirements.
- Complete and submit this page and you are recertified for an additional three years.
Return to CPA/PFS Overview page