Seminar recording | Presentation materials
The 11th hour passage of The American Tax Payer Relief Act (“ATRA”), just before the edge of the Fiscal Cliff, added the first major changes to the U.S. Tax Code in over a decade. These new tax laws, already in effect, significantly impact the proper advice that CPA financial planners are giving their prospects and clients. In this web seminar, Robert Keebler and Robert Gordon will lead practitioners through a discussion on:
- The changes to taxation of “ordinary” income
- The changes to taxation of “capital gains” and dividend income
- How all these types of income can result in phaseout of personal exemptions and itemized deductions
- The 3.8% Medicare Surtax on “New Investment Income” - - on top of the above!
- Strategies for managing investment portfolios, income and taxes in this new environment