AICPA Revenue Recognition Task Forces are charged with developing revenue recognition implementation issues that will provide helpful hints and illustrative examples for how to apply the new Revenue Recognition Standard.
Task Force Members:
- Stuart Miller, Crowe (Chair)
- Elaine Allen, Ernst & Young LLP
- Cathy Clarke, Clifton Larson Allen
- John Griffin, AARP
- Jennifer Hoffman, Grant Thorton
- Neena Masih, BDO LLP
- John Mattie, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Sue Menditto, NACUBO
- Mig Murphy Sistrom, Mig Murphy Sistrom CPA
- Amanda Nelson, KPMG LLP
- Susan Stewart, McGladrey LLP
Staff Contact: Chris Cole, email@example.com
IDENTIFIED REVENUE RECOGNITION IMPLEMENTATION ISSUES
Below is a list of potential revenue recognition implementation issues identified by the Not-for-Profit Entities Revenue Recognition Task Force. The list will be updated as the task force continues its discussions. Full revenue recognition implementation issues will be posted below for informal comments after review by the AICPA Financial Reporting Executive Committee (FinREC).
||Description of Implementation Issue
||Tuition and Housing Revenue
- Tuition and housing revenue for not for profit higher education institutions. This implementation issue will discuss considerations needed to determine the transaction price and when to recognize revenue for tuition and housing.
- Presentation of discounts for not for profit higher education institutions. This implementation issue will discuss considerations for the presentation of discounts such as financial aid, reduced fees for services, and free services related to when recognizing revenue for tuition.
- Impact of FASB ASC 606 on not for profit contribution revenue. This implementation issue will discuss information included in ASC 606 for determining if the accounting for contribution revenue for not for profit entities changes as a result of the issuance of Topic 606.
||Government Grants with deliverables
||Government Grants-best effort
||Revenue vs. Agency Transactions
||Service Concession Arrangements
||Charitable Remainder Trusts
Draft Revenue Recognition Implementation Issues included for informal comment, when available, will be listed below.
Respondents should submit any comments including the implementation issue number to firstname.lastname@example.org by the dates noted below:
The Not-for-Profit Entities Revenue Recognition Task Force and the Not-for-Profit Entities Expert Panel recommend the following AICPA products for current revenue recognition issues: