AICPA Revenue Recognition Task Forces are charged with developing revenue recognition implementation issues that will provide helpful hints and illustrative examples for how to apply the new Revenue Recognition Standard.
Task Force Members:
- Jennifer Austin, KPMG LLP (Chair)
- Steve Belcher, MetLife Insurance Company
- Todd Carling, Aetna, Inc.
- Jason Fehlner , Nationwide Insurance Company
- Jay Golonka, McGladrey LLP
- Margie Keeley, the Hartford Financial Services Group
- Richard Lynch, Ernst &Young LLP
- Joseph Roesler, Allied World Assurance Company
- Bill Rosenberger, JLK Rosenberger LLP
- Mary Saslow, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Richard Sojkowski, Deloitte LLP
Staff Contact: Kim Kushmerick, email@example.com
IDENTIFIED REVENUE RECOGNITION IMPLEMENTATION ISSUES
Below is a list of potential revenue recognition implementation issues identified by the Insurance Entities Revenue Recognition Task Force. The list will be updated as the task force continues it discussions. Full revenue recognition implementation issues will be posted below for informal comments after review by the AICPA Financial Reporting Executive Committee (FinREC).
||Description of Implementation Issue
||Scope: Investment Contracts within the scope of ASC 944
||Scope: Interaction of contracts accounted for under ASC 944 and the guidance in ASC 606-10-15-2 and 15-4
||Scope: Interaction of health service contracts accounted for under ASC 954 and 944
||Servicing Property and Casualty Claims
Draft Revenue Recognition Implementation Issues included for informal comment, when available, will be listed below.
Respondents should submit any comments including the implementation issue number to firstname.lastname@example.org by the dates noted below:
The Insurance Entities Revenue Recognition Task Force and the Insurance Entities Expert Panel
recommend the following AICPA products for current revenue recognition issues: