The Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) Champion Program is an AICPA initiative that offers ABVs the support, structure, and resources to collaborate with state societies to help promote and expand the ABV credential at the state level.
The purpose of the program is to inform the professional accounting community about (1) the vital role of business valuation professionals, (2) the knowledge required to become a valuation specialist, and (3) the benefits of the ABV credential.
ABV Champions are ABV credential holders who understand the benefits of the ABV credential and play a leadership role in advancing the credential and in encouraging a sense of community amongst ABV credential holders within their state.
Role of the Champion:
- Serve as the local point of contact in your state for CPAs seeking information about the benefits of and path to obtaining the ABV credential
- Collect and share ideas, needs and resources from your state’s valuation community
- Spread the word of successes from other Champions back to your state’s valuation community
- Initiate and/or support the rollout of new activities by the ABV community within your state
- Network with local CPAs and other participating ABV Champion professionals
- Listed by the AICPA on the FVS Center web site as an official champion for your state
- Identified to your State Society as a point of contact to the valuation and ABV community
Suggested Annual Activities:
- Contributions to your State Society newsletter, BV Committee, or web site related to business valuation
- Partner with existing Business Valuation groups or host a networking event
- Speak at local conferences
- Teach business valuation -related CPE for your State Society
- Must be an ABV Credential Holder
- Be active or a desire to be active in State Society
- Be part of your local valuation community, if one exists or committed to helping build one
- Complete the ABV Champion profile form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV or resume
Current ABV Champions