Check Out the EBP "Buzz" - EBPAQC Online Forum Contest
Dear Center Members
Enter the Forum
Check out the EBPAQC Online Forum today and find out what the current member "buzz" is in EBP auditing. Use the EBPAQC Online Forum by July 31 for a chance to win a free EBP Conference registration or a $200 gift certificate! The Forum has over 1,750 registered users and 900 topics in the following five areas: Audit, Tax and Compliance, Multiemployer Plan, Form 5500 Reporting, and Form 11-K.
If you participate on the EBPAQC Online Forum by July 31st you will be entered in a drawing for a chance to win two exciting prizes:
- Help a member by responding to a member posting on the Center Online Forum and you will be automatically entered for a chance to win a free registration of the December 11 – 12, 2008 AICPA Employee Benefit Plans Accounting, Auditing and Regulatory Update Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Post a new discussion topic on the Forum and you will be automatically entered to win a $200 gift card.
Each winner will be randomly drawn and notified by August 7th. Participants must be AICPA members employed by a Center firm. The conference registration is transferable – if you are not able to attend the conference you may transfer it to another employee in your firm.
Here are some recent topics posted by members:
- Investment allocation testing
- RMD's not paid out
- Paperless benefit distribution
- Payroll audit fees
- Corrective contribution de minimus
- UBIT on 401k plan holding partnership interest
- Risk assessment and engagement letters
- Fair market value GIC adjustments
- Subsequent valuation disclosure
- Allocated insurance contract reporting value
Participation in the EBPAQC Online Forum this EBP audit season can help keep you informed of the latest employee benefit plan practice issues. The Forum is available exclusively to EBPAQC firm members to network; exchange information, share best practices, and discuss issues with other member firms. The Forum is easy to use and can provide you with a wealth of information, and the opportunity to share best practices and discuss issues with other member firms.
Center members are encouraged to regularly visit the forum to learn what other members are "talking" about and share your views, experiences and questions to help build a support group among peers that you can call on when you encounter problems with your EBP audits. The forum works best when people share information.
Thank you to all of you who have responded to postings and helped other members in the Forum!
Use the helpful "Search" feature
You can search for specific topics by clicking on "Search" located at the top right-hand corner of the Forum webpage.
Following are some suggestions to assist you in the most efficient use of the Forum:
- Before posting your question, search the forum. Your question or comment may have already been discussed, answered or resolved.
- Create a concise subject that adequately summarizes your topic. For example: "Subsequent valuation disclosure for a defined contribution plan".
- Increase the likelihood of starting a discussion by providing details in your comment or question, and by choosing a relevant category, release and platform for your topic.
- Be patient. All the participants of this forum are using the forum and participating in discussions on their own time.
- Give feedback. If someone helps you by answering your question, try to add a follow-up response letting them know whether or not it worked.
- Welcome newcomers. Make them feel welcome in the forum community.
Forum User Guide
To help you use the forum, the Center has prepared the attached user-friendly guide. It has tips on starting discussion groups, creating your user profile, responding to topics, and searching for the most popular topics or a specific topic.
User Guide Topics:
How do I become a Forum User?
How do I invite others in my firm to use the Forum?
How do I create and edit my user profile?
Suggestions for using the Forum?
How do I find a topic on the Forum?
How do I use the search function?
How do I sort topics to view?
How do I find popular topics?
How do I start a new topic?
How do I add attachments to postings?
How do I respond, subscribe, or email an existing topic?
How do I receive email notifications of postings to a specific forum or topic?
How do I receive notifications of postings by a specific member?
If you need further assistance, please email the Center at email@example.com.
Remember the forum works best when you share your views, experiences and questions with your fellow members. So log on today.
AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
# # # # #
Back to top
As a member of the Center, your firm will receive periodic updates on important developments related to employee benefit plan auditing as well as the activities of the Center. To stay abreast of these and other relevant events, please visit the Center Web site at www.aicpa.org/EBPAQC. Also, we welcome any suggestions or questions—please send them by e-mail at EBPAQC@aicpa.org.
Back to top
If you do not wish to receive emails from the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, please email us at EBPAQC@aicpa.org.
Members of the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center (EBPAQC) may only reproduce and distribute EBPAQC e-alerts internally within the firm to other Center member firm personnel as part of the firms' professional services. For information about permission to copy any part of these documents for redistribution or inclusion in other work, please click on the copyright notice at the bottom of the page or phone the AICPA copyright permission hotline (919) 402-4031.
©2008 The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
AICPA Online privacy policies and copyright information.
AICPA, 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036
Back to top