In early 2013, the AICPA will release its first consumer publication, Save Wisely, Spend Happily: Real Stories about Money and How to Thrive from Trusted Advisors. Published in honor of the AICPA’s 125th Anniversary and edited by best-selling financial author and CPA Sharon Lechter, this collection of advice offered by 125 CPAs gives your clients the information and tools they need to make managing their money less daunting and helps them thrive at any stage of life.
As a CPA, you know that understanding personal finances can seem like a daunting task to your clients. Yet it doesn’t have to be—especially if they have the guidance of a trusted advisor.
Published in honor of the AICPA’s 125th Anniversary and edited by best-selling financial author and CPA Sharon Lechter, this collection of advice offered by 125 CPAs gives your clients the information and tools they need to make managing their money less daunting and helps them thrive at any stage of life.
Developed as a complement to the AICPA’s successful 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy program, this practical guide makes a great gift for your clients or prospective clients and reminds them that you are their best resource for navigating the tricky money issues that can pop up throughout all of life’s phases.
The book discusses how to:
- Build a basic budget, plus tricks for sticking to it
- Understand good debt versus bad debt
- Tackle credit card debt and use credit strategically to work to your advantage
- Plan for a major purchase, such as a car or a house
- Give to your favorite charity—and make it work with your budget
- Combine your finances with your spouse or partner
- Teach kids about money at an early age, and then reinforce those lessons throughout the teen years
- Save for your children’s college and your retirement
- Prepare for life’s ups and downs, from planning for a wedding or dream vacation to dealing with unexpected household repairs, identity theft, or an unforeseen disaster
- Ensure your loved ones are secure by having critical documents in order, such as a will, power of attorney, or trust, as well as adequate insurance coverage
- Choose the best financial advisor for your needs
Filled with detailed information, money saving strategies, and expert advice, each chapter is reinforced with personal stories—many from the contributors’ own life experiences—that bring home the book’s lessons.
These tales of financial setbacks, recoveries, and eventual successes demonstrate that with persistent planning—and a little guidance—it is truly possible to save happily and spend wisely.
Sharon Lechter, CPA, Founder/CEO of Pay Your Family First, is creator of the award-winning ThriveTime for Teens board game, coauthor of Think and Grow Rich-Three Feet from Gold, Rich Dad Poor Dad and annotator of Outwitting the Devil with the Napoleon Hill Foundation. She served as a member of the first President’s Advisory Council on Financial Literacy and is member of the AICPA’s National CPA Financial Literacy Commission. For more information visit: www.sharonlechter.com.
To order, visit amazon.com.