- When will the clarified audit standards be effective?
- Most of the standards will be effective for audits of financial statements for periods ending on or after December 15, 2012. However, there are a few exceptions
- How can I acces the new clarified audit standards?
- All of the clarified audit standards are available for free on our Audit and Attest Standards pages
under the Research tab. They are organized by codification section. You can also visit the AICPA Store
to order a copy of SAS Nos. 122-124.
- Do these clarified standards effect compilation, review, or other attest engagements?
- No. The only changes were to the audit standards. The ARSC and ASB are currently working on projects to also make revisions to the SSARS and Attest standards and use a similar clarified format.