|For auditors in the high tech manufacturing and computer software industries, it is critical to understand the complex audit and accounting issues related to revenue recognition. AICPA publications provide information on recent developments, guidance, and illustrative examples for the common accounting and audit practices in the high technology manufacturing and computer software industries including
- contract accounting, including construction-type and production-type contracts.
- indicators of improper revenue recognition.
- auditing revenue assertions.
- tangible products delivered with software components and nonsoftware components.
- auditing revenue transactions in the computer software industry and the high-technology manufacturing industries.
Find comprehensive examples of
- inherent risk considerations related to revenue recognition.
- types of potential misstatements related to revenue recognition.