CPA Firms To Get Inside Edge on Boosting Performance and Embracing Technology
Key Parts of Next Month’s ‘AICPA Practitioner Symposium and Tech+ Conference’ To Be Webcast Live
Published May 09, 2013
The accounting profession is undergoing great change. Firms are moving to the cloud, specializing in new fields and reaching out to clients in ways no one imagined a decade ago. The 2013 Practitioner Symposium and Tech+ Conference, sponsored by the American Institute of CPAs in partnership with the Association for Accounting Marketing, offers CPAs a guidebook for improving almost every aspect of their practice. And for the first time, key portions of the event will be broadcast virtually.
Where: The Bellagio Resort in Las Vegas. A live broadcast of keynotes and select conference sessions will be available to reporters and other participants who can’t attend in person (Please note: advance registration is required).
When: June 10-12, 2013.
Agenda: More than 135 agenda items are scheduled on practice management, business development, marketing and technology, with keynotes and key sessions available via live broadcast. The latter group includes:
- A professional issues update from AICPA President and CEO Barry C. Melancon, CPA, CGMA, and AICPA Chairman Richard J. Caturano, CPA, CGMA
- A discussion of the impact of health-care reform on small businesses
- A concise overview of the AICPA’s proposed framework for reporting standards for small to midsize private companies
- Conducting audits in an electronic world
- Tips on preventing cyber crime
- What it takes to become a Digital CPA
Registration: To obtain on-site press credentials, please contact Shirley Twillman at email@example.com. Media sign-ups for remote access and other questions about the event should be directed to the press contacts above. Please note the agenda reflects Pacific Time.