New York (July 2, 2012) – The American Institute of CPAs has recently expanded their website, ThisWaytoCPA.com, to allow international students to become members. The website, designed to educate college students and CPA-exam candidates about the path to becoming a CPA, now contains information to help international students understand the process of registering for the CPA exam and becoming a U.S. CPA while living overseas.
The U.S. CPA exam is administered internationally as a service to foreign nationals, as well as in response to escalating international demand for U.S. CPA licensure. In 2010, the last year before international administration, more than 10,000 international candidates traveled to the U.S. to take the U.S. CPA exam.
“As international candidates continue to sit for the CPA exam in greater numbers, we want to offer a resource to them which not only provides information and tools regarding the process for registering and studying for the exam, but also shares information with them about the exciting career opportunities being a CPA offers,” said Scott Moore, AICPA senior manager, college and university initiatives. “Expanding our award-winning This Way to CPA site to allow international students to register is a logical way to accomplish that goal.”
Additional features of ThisWaytoCPA.com are:
· Journals by individuals who recently passed the CPA exam explaining what they did to prepare for the exam
· Mock job interviews and resume tips
· A forum where students and exam candidates can post questions and interact with peers
· CPA profiles that detail the day-to-day activities of real life CPAs
· An exam timeline that maps out the process of taking the exam
· A list of more than 100 scholarships available to accounting and business students
· Information about career paths and jobs
· Information on specialized credentials available to CPAs.
ThisWaytoCPA.com is a companion to the AICPA’s popular website, StartHereGoPlaces.com, which educates high school students about the accounting profession.
With the recently announced Exam Prep App, AICPA has made preparing for the Uniform CPA Exam easier for candidates on the go. The free app, which is available for both Apple and Android devices, syncs up with the user’s This Way to CPA account. The app includes a customizable personal timeline, tips and a link to This Way to CPA’s online forum, so exam-related questions - including those about the international exam - can be posed to a 30,000 - member community. Download the Exam Prep App at https://www.thiswaytocpa.com/exam-licensure/cpa-exam-aid/mobile-app/.