CPAs: Learn How to do Business in the ‘New Frontier’
AICPA Practitioners Symposium and TECH+ Conference June 13-15 in Las Vegas
Published May 16, 2011
NEW YORK (May 16, 2011) –What do new accounting, audit and tax changes mean to CPAs and their clients? How is the rapid shift towards cloud-based technologies changing the way business is conducted? Answers to these pressing questions will be among the topics discussed at the AICPA Practitioners Symposium and TECH+ Conference,scheduled for June 13-15 in Las Vegas.
The AICPA Practitioners Symposium and TECH+ Conference is a forum for public practitioners, senior level partners, firm administrators, CFOs, controllers, CIOs, emerging leaders and IT technical staff to learn about the impact of the changing economy and the challenges businesses will face in the future.
“The Practitioners Symposium is offering a wide variety of sessions that attendees can choose from this year,” said Mike Shost, chairman of the Practitioners Symposium and founder of Shost & Company, P.C. “These forward looking sessions will give CPAs the skills they need to do business in the new frontier.”
The intensive three-day event features more than 90 sessions full of the up-to-date content attendees need to demonstrate value to their clients and company in any economic environment, including presentations from:
- Jim Boomer, CPA.CITP, CIO, Boomer Consulting Inc., Manhattan, KS
- Michelle Golden, CPF, President, Golden Practices, Inc., St. Louis, MO
- Jason Jennings, Authority on Leadership, Growth and Innovation
- Randy Johnston, MCS, Executive Vice President, Network Management Group, Inc., Hutchinson, KS
- Barry Melancon, CPA, President & CEO, AICPA, New York, NY
- Jim Metzler, CPA.CITP, Vice President –Small Firm Interests, AICPA, Durham, NC
- Paul Stahlin, CPA, Chairman of the Board of Directors, AICPA, New York, NY
- Jennifer Wilson, Co-Founder & Partner, Convergence Coaching, LLC, Bellevue, NE
- Curtis Zimmerman, Inspirational Speaker & Author, Curtis Zimmerman Group, Mason, OH
“We have an incredible group of speakers, presenters and vendors who will provide our attendee’s insight into the direction technology is driving the profession and the steps they need to take to take advantage of it,” said Peyton Burch, chairman of the Tech+ Conference and Sr. Channel Executive at Intacct.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Create new revenue opportunities with innovative cloud-based solutions
- Empower their firm with mobile technology
- Gauge the impact of new tax legislation and healthcare reform
- Increase client retention with powerful practice development strategies
Sessions are broken down into the Practitioners, Tech+ and Practical tracks so attendees can choose the most relevant program for their needs. Detailed information on all sessions is available in the complete brochure.
The AICPA Practitioners Symposium and TECH+ Conference will be held from June 13 – 15 at the Aria in Las Vegas. The cost is $995 for AICPA members, $1295 for non-members, discounts may apply.