When applying audit sampling in accordance with AU-C section 530, Audit Sampling
, it is critical to understand the characteristics of audit sampling, the methods of audit sampling, and when audit sampling may be used. AICPA publications provide information on recent developments, guidance, practice aids, and illustrative examples to assist the practitioner when applying audit sampling including
- the audit sampling process.
- statistical and nonstatistical audit sampling in tests of controls and for substantive tests of details.
- monetary unit, classic variables, and attributes statistical sampling.
- multilocation sampling considerations.
- attributes statistical sampling tables.
- monetary unit sampling tables.
Find comprehensive examples of
- nonstatistical sampling case study.
- monetary unit sampling case study.
- classical variables sampling case study.
- attributes nonstatistical sampling case study.
The following products are available from the AICPA to help provide guidance and resources on audit sampling.
AICPA Online Professional Library
When you subscribe to any one of the many subscription options on AICPA
Online Professional Library, you're not only getting access to the most
up-to-date guidance and tools, you are also linked to all of the
relevant and related literature, including the FASB and GASB libraries.
Many publications and libraries may be of value to those interested in guidance related to audit sampling: